United States Federal Agency Visual Resources on the Web
The following websites contain information and links to visual resource-related topics relevant to United States federal agency visual resource programs.
- U.S. Department of the Interior, Bureau of Land Management: Visual Resource Management
Describes the Bureau of Land Management’s visual resource program.
- RecLink: Landscape Aesthetics
Links to documents concerning a wide range of landscape aesthetics topics, generated primarily by the United States Forest Service.
- RecLink: United States Forest Service Scenery Management System
Links to documents related to the United States Forest Service Scenery Management System.
- United States Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration: Guidelines for the Visual Impact Assessment of Highway Projects
Includes an HTML version of Guidelines for the Visual Impact Assessment of Highway Projects, and a link to the Adobe Acrobat PDF version of the document.
- United States Department of Transportation, Federal Highway Administration: America’s Byways
Descriptions of All-American Roads and National Scenic Byways.
- United States Department of Agriculture, Natural Resources Conservation Service: Landscape Architecture
Links to various landscape architecture/visual resource documents provided by the Natural Resources Conservation Service.
- State University of New York, College of Environmental Science and Forestry: Visual Impact Assessment
Links to key reference publications for landscape and visual impact assessment for the period of 1980 to 1995.
- Argonne National Laboratory: Visual Resource Analysis at Argonne National Laboratory
Describes various visual resource research and development projects conducted by the Environmental Science Division of Argonne National Laboratory for U.S. federal agencies.
- Scenic America
Scenic America is a nonprofit organization dedicated to preserving and enhancing the visual character of America’s communities and countryside.